L'Organisation de la coopération islamique (OCI) est la deuxième plus grande organisation intergouvernementale après les Nations Unies, qui a la composition 57 États répartis sur quatre continents. The Organization is the collective voice of the Muslim world and ensures to safeguard and protect the interests of the Muslim world in the spirit of promoting international peace and harmony among various peoples of the world. Different institutions exist within the OIC family, such as Islamic Development Bank (IDB), Chambre de commerce islamique, Industrie et agriculture (ICCIA) and Islamic Chamber Research and Information Center (ICRIC). In order to promote and expand Halal culture, Halal World Institute was established in 2007. Halal World Institute is affiliated to Iran Chamber of Commerce, les industries, Mines and Agriculture which Cooperates with ICRIC and has planned to be active in “Halal food”, “Halal certificate”, “Halal standards”,“Halal regulations”,“Halal Medicine”,“Halal Cosmetics”,“Halal Services”,“Halal Textile”, “Halal Tourism”,“Halal Banking and Insurance”,“Halal Transportation”,“Halal Promotional Activities and “Halal Trade” It helps purchasers to identify Halal products/services and facilitates trading. General information on Halal World Institute is available of www.halalworldinstitute.org. The most important objective of Halal World is the development of Halal culture among Muslims in non-Islamic communities with Muslim minorities. Halal issue is considered both a religious belief and a superior standard. Holy Quran divides foods, beverages, clothing and other products into two groups as Halal and Haram and from the view point of cleanness also treats all products as clean and unclean. Hence the objective of Halal World Institute is preparing the necessary grounds for distinguishing Halal goods and services from non- Halal ones. This objective is realized through setting proper procedures for production control, warehousing, transportation and consumption. To achieve this end, all scientific standards in compliance with Islamic Shariah are employed in order to introduce Halal Standard as a superior standard to the world.
- Multilateral Trading System and Islamic Countries.
- Economic Integration in OIC Countries.
- Public Private Partnership in Muslim Countries.
- Transnational Companies in Muslim Countries.
- The Role of Transnational Companies in The Economic Development of OIC Countries.
- FDI Trend in Islamic Countries.
- Export Consortia and SMES in OIC Countries.
- Halal Entrepreneurship.
- Halal Brand and its Value Added for SMES.
- Women Entrepreneurship in the Islamic World.
- Knowledge Based Products in OIC Member Countries.
In the year 2015, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
- Conducting research about different issues related to Halal including Halal standards in cooperation with Iran Cultural Heritage, Handcrafts and Tourism Organization (ICHTO).
- Research on Halal tourism chain in Persian language in response to request of ICHTO.
- Preparation of national document “Halal Road Map” for Iran as a pilot country and providing the final edition to the Specialized Finance Commission of Islamic Republic of Iran’s government.
- Holding training courses for Food manufacturers in response to the provincial chambers of commerce and Industries to familiarize companies with the proper Halal production and service providing.
- The preparation of the following documents based on the OIC Halal Standards: Auditing Check list; Halal Certification Manual and, Halal Certification Objectives and Quality Manual.
Workshops and events:
- Two training seminars have been held in Japan in response to the Japanese manufacturers’ requests in order to have a clear view for entrance to the Halal market.
- ICRIC has participated in some credible national food exhibitions in Iran such as International Food and its Industrial Equipment Exhibition in Tehran from May 26-29, 2015 and Food Industry Exhibition in Mashhad/Iran from August 26-29, 2015.
- ICRIC has participated in Anuga 2015 Fair, a credible international exhibition which is held every two years in Germany and disseminated some information on privileges of Halal food and the entity of Halal to the exhibitors and visitors.
- ICRIC, in cooperation with Iran Cultural Heritage, Handcrafts and Tourism Organization (ICHTO), managed the I.R.Iran National Pavilion in the World Halal Travel Summit & Exhibition (WHTS15), 19-21 octobre 2015 at ADNEC, Abu Dhabi, and UAE.
- ICRIC, has participated a conference on “Standardization and Global Trade, Entrepreneurship Approach” with cooperation of Iran National Standards Organization and emphasized on the role of standardization, privileges of compliance with standards and importance of quality and standards in the global trade.
In the year 2016, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
- Preparation of Halal Requirements for cosmetic products with cooperation of Iran National Standard Organization,
Workshops and events:
- ICRIC has conducted several training courses on OIC Halal Standards for national Food industry producers in response to the provincial chambers of commerce and industries to familiarize companies with the proper Halal production and service providing and introduce OIC Halal Standards.
- Holding several workshops in ICCIMA monthly for food producers to train and guide the quality control managers to follow the OIC Halal Standards for their products and in their product line.
- ICRIC has actively participated in International Food and its Industrial Equipment Exhibition in Tehran in May, 2016.
- ICRIC has actively participated in Iran Food and Hospitality 2016.
- ICRIC has actively participated in Iran Food and Bev Tec 2016.
- ICRIC has actively participated in Korea Halal Business Matching Fair in Seoul, Korea 21-23 juin 2016.
- ICRIC has actively participated in the First International exhibition of Halal Protein and Related Industries (MEATEX) held in November 2016 in the International Fair ground of Tehran.
In the year 2017, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
- ICRIC has prepared the country profiles of 57 countries within it’s main project, that is, Islamic World Trade Directory (IWTD) and also provided information about commercial laws of each member state of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation(OCI), including investment laws, customs regulations, company registration rules as well as tax laws. By the end of 2017, the information of active companies from 27 Islamic countries including Iran, Egypte, Qatar, dinde, Tunisie, République d'Azerbaïdjan, UAE, Pakistan, Irak, and Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Oman, Arabie Saoudite, Bahreïn, Koweit, Malaisie, Senegal and Albania, Nigeria, Liban, Maroc, Libye, Cameron, Indonésie, Tchad, Jordon, Somalia have been completed and posted on ICRIC website.
- ICRIC has been appointed by the Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade, as the fully Authorized Representative and Chairman of Iran Merchandise Trading and Halal Services Committee on 07 février 2017, several sessions have been held with attendance of the governmental members as well as some from related private sectors for the betterment of the decision making regarding expansion of Halal culture and trade in I.R.Iran
Workshops and events:
- ICRIC has actively participated in “The Fourth International Exhibition of Nuts, Dried Fruits and Related Industries” held in January 2017 in the International Fair ground of Tehran.
- ICRIC has actively participated in “the 24th International Exhibition of Food, Food Technology & Agriculture” Iran Agrofood in May 2017, at Tehran International Permanent Fairgrounds.
- ICRIC has participated in Korea Halal Business Matching Fair in Seoul, Korea 21-23 juin 2017.
- ICRIC has actively participated in “The Second International Exhibition of Halal Protein and Related Industries” (MEATEX) sur 13-16 November 2017 in the International Fair ground of Tehran.
- ICRIC has participated in Halal World Summit in Turkey in November 2017
- ICRIC representatives attended “ the Halal World Summit” in Turkey in November 2017.
- ICRIC General Director attended the Halal Conference in Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Center in December 2017.
In the year 2018, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
- In the second phase of the project Islamic World Trade Directory (IWTD), ICRIC completed the list of active companies in OIC Member States to 35 out of 57 countries. Other 22 countries neither have any credible database nor could provide us with the required information. Available information on active companies id including: Iran, Egypte, Qatar, dinde, Tunisie, Azerbaïdjan, UAE, Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Oman, Arabie Saoudite, Bahreïn, Koweit, Malaisie, Sénégal, Burkina Faso, Guyane, Kirghizistan, Algeria and Kazakhstan, Albanie, Nigeria, Liban, Tchad, Indonésie, Jordan, Somalie, Maroc, Libye, Cameroun, Ouganda, Sudan and Uzbekistan.
Workshop and events:
- ICIRC has actively participated in “The Fifth International Exhibition of Nuts, Dried Fruits and Related Industries” held in January 2018 in the International Fair ground of Tehran.
- ICRIC has actively participated in “The 25th International Exhibition of Food, Food Technology & Agriculture” Iran Agrofood in 28 juin 2018, at Tehran International Permanent Fairgrounds.
- ICRIC has participated in “The Korea Halal Business Matching Fair” in Seoul, Korea in August 2018.
- ICRIC has participated in “The Halal Trade Expo Korea” in Seoul, Korea in August 2018.
- ICRIC with Cooperation of Iran Chamber of Commerce, les industries, Mines, and Agriculture (ICCIMA) held a Seminar on “Business Model Innovation and Supporting Methods of Novel Businesses (Start Ups) in Chambers of Commerce” sur 5 septembre 2018.