Saffron exports rise 35%
· The price of this red gold in the market remained steady in recent days without recording price fluctuation, Gholamreza Miri was quoted as saying by Mehr News Agency.
· The main buyers if Iranian saffron were the UAE, Hong Kong, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, the United Kingdom, Bahrain, Belgium, France, Oman, Singapore, the United States, the Philippines, Kuwait, Iraq, Canada, Poland, Japan and Taiwan.
· Iran is the world's biggest saffron producer with more than 90 percent of the global production.
· Close to 95 percent of Iranian saffron are grown in the two provinces of South Khorasan and Khorasan Razavi in northeastern Iran.
· Miri put the current minimum and maximum price of each kg of saffron at 35 million rials and 48 million rials respectively.