ICRIC Board Meeting – 11 April Oman
The meeting was inaugurated with Gholam Hosein Shafei, the president of ICRIC. He recounted the significance of the participation and contribution of the Islamic Chamber member chambers to the activities and projects of the Islamic Chamber Research and Information Center (ICRIC).
Director General of ICRIC gave a presentation of ICRIC’s Activities for 2015-2016.
A general view of the past, present and prospects of ICRIC projects such as Islamic Countries Credit Rating System (IC-CRS), Muslim Excellence and Competitiveness Award (MEC Award), Halal World, Islamic Countries Tourism Chain (ICTC), OIC Network on SME’s Agencies (ONSA) and the Islamic World Trade Directory (IWTD) was presented. Also the Halal Tourism Plan of Action was distributed among the member chambers for their comments.
Dr. Karbasi informed the meeting that subject to the authorization of the Iranian government to ICCIMA, the chamber is the sole issuing authority of Halal food certificates in the country calling for other Islamic countries to follow suite.
Finally, the participants appreciated ICRIC for its past performance and gave their word to contribute and help the center prosper as an institution under the umbrella of ICCIA.
- It was recommended that the projects such as IC-CRS be presented to the next Board of Directors of the Islamic Chamber through a proposal by ICRIC in order to be approved.
- Also on Halal and ITQAN projects while ICRIC fully supports the initiatives of the Qatar Chamber of Commerce, expressed readiness to collaborate with Qatar CCI in this respect.
- On initiatives of ICRIC in the areas of Halal Tourism and health tourism the house appreciated the efforts and called for a report on ICRIC’s performance on these issues to be presented to OIC in order to be discussed in the coming COMCEC meeting and to create harmonization between private and public sectors.
- The delegates voiced their interest in Islamic World Trade Directory (IWTD) in order to cooperate with ICRIC in order to enrich the directory with the latest information available in OIC member states.
- The member chambers were encouraged to embark on e-commerce initiatives in order to promote intra-OIC trade
- The next meeting of ICRIC Board of Directors was decided to be held in line with the next statutory meetings of the Islamic Chamber in six months time in Medina al Munawwarah Kingdom of Saudi Arabia whose exact date will be communicated to the member chambers in due course.