In the year 2012, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
- In the year 2012, ICRIC has actively participated in the events organized by ICCIA members in Turkey, Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Egypt and Lebanon; exchanged delegations with Brazil, Colombia, Lebanon, Germany, Turkey, Pakistan, Bahrain, Qatar, China and India; and participated in different Halal international conferences and exhibitions. Following is the list of activities realized by ICRIC in the period June 2011- June 2012:
- “International Financial Crisis: Implications for Muslim Countries”, 2-4 June 2011
- “International Trade Negotiations”, 23-28 June, 2011 and 1-6 Feb. 2012
- “Legal Challenges for Women Entrepreneurship in OIC countries”; 6-9 Oct. 2011
- “New Trends in Electronic Commerce”, 14-16 Nov. 2011 and 25-28 June 201
In the year 2013, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
Research and information:
- Country profile of all member states have been prepared and made available on ICRIC website and ICCIA’s as well.
- ICRIC published a magazine in June 2013 entitled ‘Islamic Trade and Development’ which was dispatched to all foreign embassies and members of Iran Chamber of commerce, Industry, Agriculture and mines.
- An essay entitled ‘The Impact of Trade Preferences among D-8 Countries on OIC-Intra Trade’ has been published by the order of ICRIC and has been loaded on ICRIC website for public access.
- Some papers have written in the following subjects:
International Financial Crisis and Lessons for Islamic Countries,
International Political Economy and Muslim Countries,
Role of Business Communities in the Trade Diplomacy of Muslim Countries,
Trade among Islamic Countries and Weak Economic Integration .
- General Director of ICRIC presented in a workshop conducted by SESRIC and delivered a speech on “The Role of FDI Flow in Islamic Countries”.
- Halal Standardization Process, Islamic Financial Systems and Halal Tourism was the topics of some other researches conducted by ICRIC.
- Halal Scientific Committee established to supervise following working groups for Halal standardization on: food, medicine, cosmetics and hygienics, textile and services.
Workshops and events:
- “Key Elements of International Economy after Financial Crisis” with the cooperation of UNCTAD virtual institute, Tehran, April 24th,
- “Effects of Doha Negotiation on the Private Sector in OIC Countries”,
- “International Commercial Negotiation” ,
- The workshop “Kaizen Management Model for OIC SMEs” has been held, jointly with JETRO and CACCI in November 2013.
- One-day monthly workshops have been hold on Halal related issues (6 sessions)
- ICRIC Participated in Islamic Digital Media Exhibition on Feb. 03,2013 in Qom city, Iran.
- ICRIC Participated in Tehran Agro Food Exhibition which is the most reputable Food Industry Expo in Iran,
- ICRIC Participated in Xining (Qinghai Halal Exhibition) Apr. 30- May 03, 2013
- General Director of ICRIC delivered a speech in the 4th Moscow Halal Exhibition and conference, June 13-16, 2013,
- General Director of ICRIC Participated in International Conference on Islamic Economics and Finance in Istanbul , Sep. 09-11,2013,
- General Director of ICRIC delivered a speech in SESRIC training workshop on “FDI flow in Islamic Countries”,
- ICRIC participated in three OIC health tourism conferences in Mashad,Iran.
In the year 2014, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
- The Impact of Trade Preferences among D-8 Countries on OIC Intra-Trade,
- International Financial Crisis: Lessons for Islamic Countries,
- International Political Economy and Muslim Countries,
- Weak Economic Integration among Islamic Countries,
- The Role of FDI Flow in Islamic Countries.
Workshops and events:
- Workshop on International Trade negotiations,
- Workshop for trade Adviser,
- Monthly training Workshop on Halal Related issues,
- Workshop on principles of International Trade FDI in Muslim countries.
- -Conference on “The role of private sector in Islamic Countries in Post – 2015 UN Goals” Tehran, Iram.
- The 2nd “ Annual Conference on Women Entrepreneurship in Muslim Countries” Tehran- Iran.
In the year 2015, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
- Conducting research about different issues related to Halal including Halal standards in cooperation with Iran Cultural Heritage, Handcrafts and Tourism Organization (ICHTO).
- Research on Halal tourism chain in Persian language in response to request of ICHTO.
- Preparation of national document “Halal Road Map” for Iran as a pilot country and providing the final edition to the Specialized Finance Commission of Islamic Republic of Iran’s government.
- Holding training courses for Food manufacturers in response to the provincial chambers of commerce and Industries to familiarize companies with the proper Halal production and service providing.
- The preparation of the following documents based on the OIC Halal Standards: Auditing Check list; Halal Certification Manual and, Halal Certification Objectives and Quality Manual.
Workshops and events:
- two training seminars have been held in Japan in response to the Japanese manufacturers’ requests in order to have a clear view for entrance to the Halal market.
- ICRIC has participated in some credible national food exhibitions in Iran such as International Food and its Industrial Equipment Exhibition in Tehran from May 26-29, 2015 and Food Industry Exhibition in Mashhad/Iran from August 26-29, 2015.
- ICRIC has participated in Anuga 2015 Fair, a credible international exhibition which is held every two years in Germany and disseminated some information on privileges of Halal food and the entity of Halal to the exhibitors and visitors.
- ICRIC, in cooperation with Iran Cultural Heritage, Handcrafts and Tourism Organization (ICHTO), managed the I.R.Iran National Pavilion in the World Halal Travel Summit & Exhibition (WHTS15), 19-21 October 2015 at ADNEC, Abu Dhabi, and UAE.
- ICRIC, has participated a conference on “Standardization and Global Trade, Entrepreneurship Approach” with cooperation of Iran National Standards Organization and emphasized on the role of standardization, privileges of compliance with standards and importance of quality and standards in the global trade.
In the year 2016, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
- Preparation of Halal Requirements for cosmetic products with cooperation of Iran National Standard Organization,
Workshops and events:
- ICRIC has conducted several training courses on OIC Halal Standards for national Food industry producers in response to the provincial chambers of commerce and industries to familiarize companies with the proper Halal production and service providing and introduce OIC Halal Standards.
- Holding several workshops in ICCIMA monthly for food producers to train and guide the quality control managers to follow the OIC Halal Standards for their products and in their product line.
- ICRIC has actively participated in International Food and its Industrial Equipment Exhibition in Tehran in May, 2016.
- ICRIC has actively participated in Iran Food and Hospitality 2016.
- ICRIC has actively participated in Iran Food and Bev Tec 2016.
- ICRIC has actively participated in Korea Halal Business Matching Fair in Seoul, Korea 21-23 June 2016.
- ICRIC has actively participated in the First International exhibition of Halal Protein and Related Industries (MEATEX) held in November 2016 in the International Fair ground of Tehran.
In the year 2017, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
- ICRIC has prepared the country profiles of 57 countries whithin it’s main project, that is, Islamic World Trade Directory (IWTD) and also provided information about commercial laws of each member state of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation(OIC), including investment laws, customs regulations, company registration rules as well as tax laws. By the end of 2017, the information of active companies from 27 Islamic countries including Iran, Egypt, Qatar, Turkey, Tunisia, Republic of Azerbaijan, UAE, Pakistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Malaysia, Senegal and Albania, Nigeria, Lebanon, Morocco, Libya, Cameron, Indonesia, Chad, Jordon, Somalia have been completed and posted on ICRIC website.
- ICRIC has been appointed by the Ministry of Industry, Mine and Trade, as the fully Authorized Representative and Chairman of Iran Merchandise Trading and Halal Services Committee on 07 February 2017, several sessions have been held with attendance of the governmental members as well as some from related private sectors for the betterment of the decision making regarding expansion of Halal culture and trade in I.R.Iran.
Workshops and events:
- ICRIC has actively participated in “The Fourth International Exhibition of Nuts, Dried Fruits and Related Industries” held in January 2017 in the International Fair ground of Tehran.
- ICRIC has actively participated in “the 24th International Exhibition of Food, Food Technology & Agriculture” Iran Agrofood in May 2017, at Tehran International Permanent Fairgrounds.
- ICRIC has participated in Korea Halal Business Matching Fair in Seoul, Korea 21-23 June 2017.
- ICRIC has actively participated in “The Second International Exhibition of Halal Protein and Related Industries” (MEATEX) on 13-16 November 2017 in the International Fair ground of Tehran.
- ICRIC has participated in Halal World Summit in Turkey in November 2017
- ICRIC representatives attended “ the Halal World Summit” in Turkey in November 2017.
- ICRIC General Director attended the Halal Conference in Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Center in December 2017.
In the year 2018, ICRIC has run several programs and plans as follows:
- In the second phase of the project Islamic World Trade Directory (IWTD), ICRIC completed the list of active companies in OIC Member States to 35 out of 57 countries. Other 22 countries neither have any credible database nor could provide us with the required information. Available information on active companies id including: Iran, Egypt, Qatar, Turkey, Tunisia, Azerbaijan, UAE, Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Malaysia, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Guyana, Kyrgyzstan, Algeria and Kazakhstan, Albania, Nigeria, Lebanon, Chad, Indonesia, Jordan, Somalia, Morocco, Libya, Cameroon, Uganda, Sudan and Uzbekistan.
Workshop and events:
- ICIRC has actively participated in “The Fifth International Exhibition of Nuts, Dried Fruits and Related Industries” held in January 2018 in the International Fair ground of Tehran.
- ICRIC has actively participated in “The 25th International Exhibition of Food, Food Technology & Agriculture” Iran Agrofood in 28 June 2018, at Tehran International Permanent Fairgrounds.
- ICRIC has participated in “The Korea Halal Business Matching Fair” in Seoul, Korea in August 2018.
- ICRIC has participated in “The Halal Trade Expo Korea” in Seoul, Korea in August 2018.
- ICRIC with Cooperation of Iran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines, and Agriculture (ICCIMA) held a Seminar on "Business Model Innovation and Supporting Methods of Novel Businesses (Start Ups) in Chambers of Commerce" on 5 September 2018.